[TenTec] Scout Frequency Jumping - CW Speeds

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Frequency Jumping - CW Speeds
From: john.conners@mail.mei.com (john.conners)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:29:49 -0600 (CST)

After reading all the Scout info, I plan on buying one as a soon as
possible. It seems like solutions to the jumping issue are numerous.

For those that do not want to stop periodically for the freq. update,
maybe the VFO could be fine tuned with the appropriate temperature
compensation parts (for a fee probably) to lessen the drift.

OR

The microprocessor that adjusts the VFO could be duplicated on a small
PC board so that it could operate continuously, is there room to add
a small board? Same processor, same software, just a board layout :)

Just my clueless observations from a distance!

John K9PGF