[TenTec] Ten-Tec Scout/Argo Frequency Jumping

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Scout/Argo Frequency Jumping
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 06:33:03 -0500
Found the signal in the VI Plus, set both 250 Hz CW filters on, tuned
> the PBT.  The bandpass is now about 190 Hz.

I'de like to know how you arrived at 190hz bandwidth. This proves that
your Argo, which I assume is a 5 watt rig, doesn't drift more than
250hz or so over a 15 minute period. I suppose when you paused, the
frequency corrected itself therefore when you resumed sending, you
came back at a different frequency. This way, the frequency jump is
less obvious since it occurrs during down time.