[TenTec] Is my Scout sick?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Is my Scout sick?
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 20:58:39 -0500
Mike:

Back off on the power control. My Scout did that too. I believe
that it is caused by RF getting into the counter circuit. It
may also affect PTO stability, I'm not sure. Crank the power down
to 40-45 W and it will be fine. Stray RF can also come in via
the power lead. Put a ceramic bypass capacitor inside from +12 V
to ground. You might also try redressing some of the leads inside
the Scout.

Driving the Scout beyond 50 W wii cause the problem. If you are
only getting 22 W at amx drive, maybe your power supply is folding
back.

                73, Bob WB2VUF