[TenTec] RE: Bitchin'

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Bitchin'
From: jesser@amtelcom.com (Jim Esser)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:06:40 -0600
I agree with AC5AA about the "Bitchin" thread, but that said, I'm going to
throw in my two cents worth.

In the course of our lives we all learn things that turn out to be of little
value to us later on.  They are sort of "Rites of Passage" things that are
needed to move on with our lives.  In the distant past I had to memorize the
preamble to the constitution, do quadratic equations and learn to field
strip and reassemble an M1 rifle, among many other things.  Wouldn't want to
do any of those things again, but I have never for a moment regretted doing
them once.

I don't pretend to be good at CW.  My 'fist' is terrible and I got just good
enough to get my 13 WPM and an Advanced.  However, I am proud that I learned
CW on the way to earning my ham ticket.    I think that the no-code hams are
cheating themselves by not making the effort.

God knows, life doesn't come with a guarantee that all things worth getting
will be easy.

Jim, WD9FRF