[TenTec] Pegasus V's Kachine

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus V's Kachine
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 11:58:00 -0600

>Let's hope there remains enough difference to call them separate
rigs.
>Like one for CW and the other SSB , one with a competitive receiver
and
>one for general use. I was a bit taken back by the similar looks, not
>that it matters but more and more everything is looking like NASCAR
you
>have to look real hard to see what brand it is!  I've always liked
the
>way T*T has held on to their own look while all the others have gone
>for the
>blow  molded dash board look, I wonder when the air bags will be
included
>!

I think there will be operational and cosmetic differences as each
system progresses and matures.  After all, isn't that what the
third-party software business is all about?  People want and expect
things to be presented/performed in a certain way.  When that doesn't
happen, there are people who are able to make that happen and share it
with/sell it to the rest of us.

I don't know where PSK software is these days, but a few months ago
before I bailed from the psk31 reflector, a local ham, Al, WD5GNR, was
writing add-on software to the original PSK31sbw software to provide
all sorts of nice enhancements and touches.

Maybe the same thing will happen with Pegasus (and Kachina?).  I would
like to think so.

73,
dale, kg5u