[TenTec] Omni VI Audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Audio
From: ke8um@arrl.net (Murray Scott)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:53:10 -0500
 During the Sweepstakes contest several of the big contest stations
stopped everything to ask what I was using, because my audio was so
good. I was using my Omni VI, recently upgraded to a plus, with the
matching  model 1201 microphone. The microphone is the kit version of
the model 705 microphone.  This microphone works so well because it is
designed and matched to the radio.  Now if I can just figure out how to
attach it to a headset and foot switch I will be all set. Maybe Ten-Tec
will come out with one?
I may order a mic element from Ten-Tec and install it in my Heil
headset. I could then feed that audio into the amplifier in the base of
my microphone to use the existing amplifier.  That would give me hands
free operation to use a logging computer.