[TenTec] Re: Sweepstakes and my Omni

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Sweepstakes and my Omni
From: w8keb@1st.net (Ken & Linda Burrough)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:09:36 -0500
Hi All

Jim W8IT wrote:

Worked the Sweepstakes phone contest this weekend and I may have to get
rid of the Omni. There were many stations whom I could hear very clearly
and they just couldn't hear my 100 watts.

I also worked the Sweepstakes test last weekend with my Omni VI Plus and
Centaur Amplifier at 600 watts, 40 meters only.   The antenna was my GAP
Titan Vertical.  Worked everyone I heard--maybe more then 100 watts are
needed when testing.

Jim if you want to get rid of your Omni let me know, I need a back up rig.

KEN--W8KEB--USAF Ret.
Ex-KA2HJY-N6EVC-KC0WN-NE0C
Flushing, Ohio
w8keb@1st.net