[TenTec] How good is a Paragon?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How good is a Paragon?
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:49:21 -0500
I have a Paragon I and I like it. Ergonomics are better on the
Paragon II but the Paragon I can be upgraded with the "Giehl chip".
Paragon sensitivity seems to be better than my Corsair I. Early
Paragons were prone to PLL cold solder joint problems which can be
fixed by removing the 2 boards and resoldering all connections.
Paragons used synthesizers for general coverage, so receiver
performance is not as good as an Omni V or VI, but I find it
fine (I'm a traffic handler, btu not a serious DXer or contester)

        73, Bob WB2VUF