[TenTec] OmniV & Headfones

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OmniV & Headfones
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:05:58 -0500
Ed:

Your values sound fine, though you may have to experiment with them
a bit. I have a 15 ohm Telex headset and the sensitivity is enough
to blow your brains out!

What worked really well for me is a 500 ohm to 8 ohm miniature
audio transformer. The 500 ohm side goes to the Ten Tec audio
output. I built the transformer and a 1/4 inch phone jack
into a 35 mm plastic film container. If you still get too much audio,
try using the center tap (250 ohm) on the transformer. This arrangement
works well with the Telex and all of my Ten Tec rigs: Corsair, Paragon,
and Scout. The transformers are available at Radio Shack, or you can
rip one out of a junked A.M. pocket radio.

                73, Bob WB2VUF