[TenTec] Scout modules

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout modules
From: jbkking@bellsouth.net (John W. King)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:03:50 -0800
Hey Gang: Has anyone experienced any MECHANICAL frequency SHIFT with the
Scout that you can attribute to the modules not being properly seated in
their jacks or due to dirty or oxidized plugs or jacks on the modules??
I am very defensive of ANY CRITICISM of the Scout or any Ten Tec for
that matter, because the Scout has the best receiver I have ever used
for mobile and a great transmitter. I have two Scouts in my two mobiles
driving Metron amplifiers and at times each of them decides to jump
frequency on SSB which MUST be mechanical because of the RISC circuit. I
have concluded that my problem is mechanical and it is not the fuse
holder because I am using a heavy duty Triton IV power cable with the
Scout power cable adapter. Manipulating the power plug on the rear panel
of the Scout causes some freq jump, and moving the module around
slightly. What have you experienced and what were your conclusions as to
the actual cause? Please reply directly to me via email. I don't want to
start a thread that has been beaten to death or causes dissention among
the passionate Ten Tec loyals like me. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW