[TenTec] Pegasus speaker output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus speaker output
From: ac5aa@juno.com (ac5aa@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:35:48 -0600
Normally I'm a big fan of "communications" headphones and speakers, but
after taking my first stint at HF mobile (IC706 / Outbacker 500) using an
MFJ Cleartone speaker, I'm less than enamored.  For SSB it seemed to have
very peaky response which worked fine on some voices and noticeably
poorly on others.  I'm going to have to try another speaker to see if my
ears have finally cashed in or if it was tone was not-so-clear through
the MFJ.  Ah, but that's the fun of ham radio, right?

        73,  Duane

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999 21:57:14 -0500 John/K4WJ <k4wj@att.net> writes:

> At 05:48 PM 11/28/99 -0500, Steve Ellington N4LQ wrote:
>
> >Lately, i've been using a mil surplus speaker called the LS-166,
> available
> >from Fair Radio. The thing sounds super on cw because of it's
> narrow
> >response and clear sound. IT's even better than the MFJ ClearTone
> speaker. 73
> >Steve N4LQ
>
> Arrrrgggghhhhh! Steve, don't tell me these things. Now I'm going to
> check
> out the LS-166 and probably purchase one so I can compare it to the
> MFJ
> ClearTone.  :-)
>

> 73..de John/K4WJ
> John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL