[TenTec] Rigs I USED-TO have (was FS: Argonaut 515, P/S and Filters)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rigs I USED-TO have (was FS: Argonaut 515, P/S and Filters)
From: darwin@together.net (K & H Darwin)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 18:57:03 -0500
Oooo, is this tempting ...

I bought a used 515 in 1984 or 85.  Rig, PS, filter, calibrator (?), all in
mint condition for $325 (I think).  I used it as an only rig for a year or
so and then sold it.  Then a couple of years later I learned what an Argo
515 was and how rare they were.  Did the same thing with an HW-9.  Bought
it cheap, used it for a bit, sold it, and have been hunting for one ever
since.  Come to think of it, my Century 22 was the same.  That rig cost me
all of $250 or so and I haven't seen an affordable one since.  My
absolutely mint Drake C-line was the same - another rig I wish I had kept.

Of course, If I had kept all of those rigs, I wouldn't have the fond
memories of them.  I also wouldn't have had the $$$ to move beyond square
one.  I'd still be using a 515.

... And the S/N of 0229 sounds familiar.

Keith Darwin
KD1E
Ferrisburg VT