[TenTec] Omni VI+ mic input

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ mic input
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:30:16 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Alfred Lorona <alforo@megsinet.net>

>Can anyone tell me how the plus voltage for an electret mic on pin 4 of the
>front panel mic connector is derived? Series resistor? What value? I have
>been unable to find the connector on any of the schematic diagrams in the
>manual.
>
>73, AL e-mail alforo@megsinet.net

Hi, Al.

At this time of morning and my age of life, a magnifying glass is very
helpful--actually, probably helpful at any age when dealing with 8.5x11
schematics.  I've also found different colored highlighters to be very
effective in tracing the circuit of interest--If I looked for it once, I'll
likely look for it again!

Check the Main Wiring drawing (in my manual, it's just before page 5-1--a
fold-out page,
but not the Logic Board).

The mic jack is at the upper left corner.

The PTT and +Mic leads run together down and across to the 81596 board to
connector 65.  The Control Board (81596) schematic shows the PTT/+Mic connector
65 at the top center of the drawing.  There you will find how the voltage is
derived: from the +Reg (connector 59) through R39, a 470 ohm resistor.

73,
dale, kg5u