[TenTec] 705 mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 705 mic
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:09:37 -0800 (PST)
A few days ago someone posted a question or comment
about having "RF" on their audio using a 705 mic. I
suggested that the battery in their 705 mic may be
dead and need replacement.  One of the usual wiseasses
emailed me that there was no battery in the 705 mic
that he had so therefore there are no 9v batteries in
any 705. Just to make sure I wasn't seeing things I
turned over my 705 mic last night and sure enough
there is a 9v battery in my 705 mic. I remember when I
received this mic from Ten Tec, for use on the Delta
II I had, that I received really bad audio reports
when I first used it. I called Ten Tec and they said
turn it over and put a battery in it. Sure enough
putting in a battery made it work.  So if any of you
would like to see pictures of my very rare battery and
battery compartment in the only 705 mic ever
manufactured with a 9v battery please email me.

=====
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH
cshyde@yahoo.com
Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.