[TenTec] 2 annoying problems, Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2 annoying problems, Pegasus
From: adb1x1@yahoo.com (Anthony Bowyer)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:30:34 -0800 (PST)

I think they may be handling the key presses much like
keyboard entry. Even though it's getting to the
software like the knob turning data, I'd say the
Pegasus software is trying to make the panel module
think it's receiving keyboard data, that is they're
simulating someone pressing the number keys on the
keyboard. It simplifies a few things development-wise,
but as you say, it shouldn't be written that way. They
should have a module that specifically handles keypad
entry, whether the window has the focus or not. I've
seen a few application written in Visual Basic where
they do the same thing, but it's not a good practice.
It's like it was an afterthought.