[TenTec] Re: Firmware update

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Firmware update
From: CarlMoreschi@worldnet.att.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:33:39 -0000
My changes for the OMNI V were to add band registers, direct frequency
entry, CIV computer interface, and make the rig have the feel of an OMNI
VI.

The required hardware changes are relabelling of some keys on the keyboard
and for correct CIV serial port operation, adding a simple chip to cause
receive and send data to loop back to each other.  This is necessary for
some software packages that depend on seeing the transmit data returned
back.  Without this part of the mod, some programs may work but not
all will.  CT is one that must see its transmit data echoed back for CIV
interface.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
carlmoreschi@worldnet.att.net