[TenTec] wide signals

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] wide signals
From: dacalvin@us.ibm.com (dacalvin@us.ibm.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:27:41 -0600

Amen to your last statement.  I went up to the SSB portion of 10 to grab
some multipliers, and then returned to CW as soon as my ears started
screaming.  10m was really hopping last weekend, and the signals on SSB
ranged from almost inaudible to deafening.  I didn't find any 8 kHz wide
signals, but found several overprocessed & overdriven signals, as usual.
Running the OmniVI+ with the 250 Hz filter on CW is a pure delight!  The
only time someone was "wide" was when I had forgotten to turn the noise
blanker off...

     73,  Duane    AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368

Don <don@corporatemedia.com> on 12/14/99 08:05:34 AM