[TenTec] Last Sunday's User's Net

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Last Sunday's User's Net
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:38:22 -0800 (PST)
I think last Sunday might have been a bit off the
net's normal bell curve in terms of the number of qrp
stations checking in and difficulty in hearing them
unless you were in that sweet spot of propagation to
their QTH.  Wonder if for net purposes it might be
best to "crank it up" a bit (if you can), since net
listeners are in all corners of the map.  On the other
hand, wouldn't want to in any way discourage qrp only
stations from checking in since there are plenty of us
able and willing to "relay".

And yes, the band was really a mess for the first hour
or so of the net.  And at one point, hordes of
Ten-Tecites  who were down on 14267 came up to where
net control really was and confusion reigned for about
15 minutes as everyone seemed a bit eager to check in
all at once without pausing to listen a bit first on
frequency.

Lots of fun in any event!

Best Holiday wishes & 73,
Barry  N1EU