[TenTec] SWR readings varying with power out

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SWR readings varying with power out
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:17:11 -0500
Don't limit this to just Omni-VI's my Omni-V does the same thing only on
30 Meters.  I'm pretty sure this phenomenon is more due to some ground
loop or internal thing than in the SWR bridge. Something in the AGC is
picking it up and probably a cap to ground or ferrite bead somewhere
would fix it It seems to disappear with the covers off as I recall. I
have done some probing around in the past and learned to live with it.
It's good to know others suffer this affliction as well and I am not
alone!

Looks like 2K and SKN will be on the Triton 544 keyed with my Signal
Electric Mfg CO. brass key.  Yes I'll be on battery power.......just in
case!

73 Jeff aa8ve  Happy 2K