[TenTec] SIDETONE

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SIDETONE
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:15:36 -0500
Hi Mark, et al--

I own an Omni-C and a Corsair II.  If I could keep only one of them, it
would be the Omni-C.  It is quieter than the Corsair II and seems smoother
to me and sounds better to my ear.  I agree with Steve.

I'll retell an old story.  Some years ago I was down at Ten-Tec after having
my Hercules 444 repaired from the flaming circuit board problem (it was the
last one they repaired, I'm told).  I was talking with Al Kahn, then the
owner of Ten-Tec, and asked him if the Corsair II had a connector which
would provide automatic bandswitching with the Hercules.  He called Larry
Wirth in to talk with us and asked him about it.  They discussed the
feasibility of adding a wafer to the bandswitch to provide the switching.

Then Al turned to me and asked, "What rig do you use now?"  I told him I had
an Omni-C.  His response:  "If you've got an Omni-C, you don't need a
Corsair II!"  And that was the end of that.

73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net