[TenTec] Spurs from Omni 6 aux antenna input

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Spurs from Omni 6 aux antenna input
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:39:16 -0800 (PST)
Thanks very much for the flurry of responses I got.
Seems that the common wisdom is to reject the BCB
interference with a T section tuner or a BCB trap on
the Beverage feed.

I'm curious though - these spurs come through even
when the aux antenna isn't even selected.  I'm
listening with the main (not aux) antenna selected and
the spurs appear with the Beverage plugged in to the
aux jack, and disappear with the Beverage unplugged.
And I'm talking a full S7 spur on 3510Khz.

If it's simply sigs coming in through the Beverage,
shouldn't the main/aux switch cut them off?

Thanks very much for all the help,
Barry  N1EU