[TenTec] Hercules II Power Source

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II Power Source
From: kh7m@hsa-kauai.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 13:40:23 -1000
Gregg wrote:

" I would expect a big difference in the performance of
the Hercules amp going from a 12vdc buss to a 14vdc
buss. That's about a 15% or so change in voltage.
I suspect that much of the difference in performance
of the amp that we see on these discussions are a result
of the capability of the various power sources."

Am sure you are correct,  Gregg.  I got about 610 watts out
on 75M last evening,  so am going to leave well enough
alone.  Will call Astron Monday and ask a few questions
about my parallel supply set up;  but Ten Tec did it,  so
expect what I have done to be ok,  hi.  Astron had evidently
taken much of this past week off on holiday.

Thanks much and 73,  Jim,  KH7M