[TenTec] scanning control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] scanning control
From: bhalterman@desupernet.net (bhalterman@desupernet.net)
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 21:00:29 -0500
Gents:
I have developed a 2 button scanning PIC controller for the OMNI 6 that
will allow you to increase or decrease the radio's frequency at a set
rate, at the push of a button. This is simular to the scan up and down
buttons on the microphones of the import radios.  IF there is a big
enough interest in this project, I will make available the programmed
PIC chip and documentation. I do not have the capabiltiy to supply all
the parts...only the programmed PIC chip.
The controller uses two momemtary buttons, a scan rate pot between
10-50Kohm and a few resistors and caps. All these items can be picked up
at RS. The board can be made small enough so it can also be incorporated
in the existing 301/302 rotory box. I have a home brew unit with the
same Oak-Grigsby rotory encoder and a DPDT switch that selects between
the PIC or the knob.
I can be reached at bhalterman@desupernet.net for those interested in
this project.
Thanks for your support in advance.