[TenTec] New Version of N4PY Pegasus Control Program

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Version of N4PY Pegasus Control Program
From: at060@chebucto.ns.ca (David McClafferty)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 11:01:22 -0400 (AST)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Carl Moreschi wrote:

> Version 1.30 is now available on www.qsl.net/tentec.
>
> It contains 27 enhancements over the previous version.
>
> Please read the "readme.txt" very carefully.
>
> I have listened to all your feedback on new features, and
> I have implemented all that I could.  Thanks for the feedback
> and enjoy.

Thanks Carl I am enjoying it. I thought the Radio Window scaling was going
to be the answer to fitting the whole virtual radio on my screen. A factor
of .9 horizontal fits nicely but clobbers the time display badly. Oh well,
you said try at your own risk.
I have tried it with Log-EQF and it works fine as long as I setup Log-EQF
with the correct path for the transfer file. Here is my problem however, I
am also still using Tentec's version 1.63x5 and I have to change the path
in Log-EQF when I change from your version to T*T's. I thought of putting
them both in the same directory but I don't think windows would allow
that. I tried using the 2nd radio in Log-EQF for your version but Log-EQF
insists on the same path for both Pegasus's (Pegasii). (Tom, what if I
actually had two radios?).
This is not a problem I can't get around but thought I would mention it to
both of you in case there was an easy fix.
Another suggestion Carl, I sure you're being overwhelmed with them Hi, how
about a special mode for PSK-31. Maybe as a pulldown window under RTTY?
What would be really nice is if someone who has the programming
capability, could write a FLASH program to do PSK demodulation right in
the DSP chip and not even bother with audio.
73 and thanks to both of you for your contritutions to the hobby.

                                        Dave, VE1ADH