[TenTec] FS: Complete Argosy 525 station

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Complete Argosy 525 station
From: caitlyn@netferrets.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:55:04 -0500
Hi, everyone,

Something has come up which is simply too good to pass up, and that
means that my nearly complete Argosy station has to go.  It includes:

     Argosy model 525 (analog) serial number 04xx with:
          226 calibrator
          218 1.8 khz SSB filter
          224 CW audio filter
     225 matching power supply
     234 matching RF speech processor
     645 dual paddle keyer
     unused mounting bracket
     extra DC cable with 1125 circuit breaker for battery operation
     copies of all manuals (including internal options) except for the
645
     original sales brochures (2)

The units are all at least a 9 out of 10, and you will have a hard time
finding a cleaner Argosy station anywhere.  It is definitely in
collectable condition.

The rig itself:  There is a small mark above the main VFO dial, and a
small scratch on top on the plastic frame, plus a few small pits on the
frame, but the covers are really, really clean.  There is a little noise
in the notch filter control (it probably could use some contact cleaner)
and the slightest bit of backlash on the VFO right near the top of the
band only, but not enough to interfere with your ability to get on
frequency and operate at all.

The power supply:  some marking and a minor scratch or two at the right
rear corner, and some extremely slight discoloration in one area on top
if you look *very* closely, otherwise it is pretty well perfect.

The 234:  I'll look really closely, but I think this one is mint.

I'll try to have pictures posted to my web site for y'all to look at by
tomorrow night.  I'd like to sell the whole station, but I will consider
breaking it up if nobody wants it complete.  $450 + $25 shipping should
cover it nicely.

73,
Caity
KU4QD