[TenTec] W6BIP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] W6BIP
From: haddon@pw.usda.gov (William F. Haddon)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:57:55 -0800 (PST)
We associate Ten-tec with the best cw . . and thus indirectly with one of
the great CW-contest operators of all time, W6BIP.

At the formal services for Bip yesterday, I had the honor and pleasure of
recalling, briefly, of my own 1950's memories of Bip in San Francisco.  Bip
was then, and will remain, an icon of amateur radio, an inspiration to me
and to many, many others.

Bip's first year as a ham was 1928: Holding to the truest spirit of the
hobby, Bip died at age 88, in his 73rd year as a ham.

Bill, N6ZFO
Marin County CA