[TenTec] Erratic Transmit Output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Erratic Transmit Output
From: garygaud@vgernet.net (garygaud)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:06:21 +0000
My OMNI-6 Option 3 has developed an intermittent problem on SSB during rag
chews on both 75 and 10 meters , the only bands used for that purpose.
Periodically, sometimes very infrequently,  the output drops approximately
30db but local stations report that the audio is clean with no apparent
distortion.

This happens with several different microphones and can be observed on a
watt meter both on antennas and a dummy load. At times it actually prevents
a contact as it happens several times a minute but then will not be seen for

several days in a row.

It is possible that it happens on other bands but since they are rarely used

only for DX it hasn't been noted. The same for my most used MODE CW.

I have checked all cable connections to the TX audio board and in fact all
others too.

Has anyone else observed this problem, I'm looking for ideas as I hate to
send the rig back for an intermittent problem.

Thanks, 73, Gary, W1GG