[TenTec] Omni-A Output

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-A Output
From: dslosty@pipeline.com (dslosty)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 03:34:38 -0800
Many things can cause this (besides the semi-humorous answers
given).

I had a similar problem some years back with my Triton IV, which
has basically the same RF output assembly. I located the problem
to an intermittent diode in the RF assembly. It's been awhile
and I don't know if that diode controlled the final bias or ALC.
My first step would be to check those diodes in the RF output
assembly. The bad diode had a hairline crack causing the output
to randomly go up and down as you describe.
If you have a 'scope, monitoring bias and ALC voltages at the
final would be useful along with RF drive to the final.

73,
Doug/WA1TUT