[TenTec] 645 Ultramatic keyer, RED AND BLACK RCA PLUGS - pwr/key?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 645 Ultramatic keyer, RED AND BLACK RCA PLUGS - pwr/key?
From: wallace@world.std.com (Andy Wallace)
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 00:46:03 GMT
Hello, wallace@world.std.com (Andy Wallace)!

Figured some things out for myself...

>Just got one of these in the mail and want to test it. Has a cord out the back
>with a red and a black color coded RCA plug. Which is the power, and which is
>the keyed line?

Red is power, keyed is black.

>I assume no built-in sidetone as I don't see a speaker (have not opened it
>yet).

Yep, no sidetone!

>What are the two round holes in the top edge of the faceplate for?

Courtesy of a helpful ham -- screw adjustments for the paddle spacing, with the
caution that you can't set it too close as the bearings aren't very precise.

>If anyone's scanned in a manual I'd like to see it, too. Thanks!

I'd still like to see this.

Another question: does the Triton IV have a 12VDC auxilliary output jack on the
back, or is it on the 262G supply. Both are at my brother's place (where the
keyer will go). This keyer is black like the Omni D I guess, but will work for
him if a 12V jack is handy.

--Andy
wallace@world.std.com