[TenTec] Caig Deoxit works great!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Caig Deoxit works great!
From: streyle_john@si.com (streyle_john@si.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:43:46 -0500

I went over all the boards in my Triton IV this weekend with Caig Deoxit; pulled
each board, applied a bit of the spray to the contact pins and sockets, reseated
the boards, pulled them again, and applied a bit more to the pins.  I also
applied the Deoxit to the relay contacts.  (white P& B relay, top side, right
rear corner of radio - I believe for gain control during CW operation).  Put
everything back together, and I had signals now pegging the s-meter needle, that
previously would have been maybe S9 +10 before.

(After I went thru the alignment previously, I had readjusted the S-meter
control for what I thought was appropriate - now in hindsight, a mistake).

Anyway, the bad contact, wherever it was, is now behaving.  What a difference -
the radio now sounds more like I expected, with a bit of background noise on the
HF bands.  This Caig Deoxit is good stuff!  It's almost like "+20 dB in a can",
in my case.

John, N0JS