[TenTec] Pegasus w/Heil Mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus w/Heil Mic
From: bobb@smoc.cmhmetro.net (Brown, Robert)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:06:52 -0500
I finally got brave enough to get into my month old Pegasus.  Thanks to the
emails I have received from various people.  The mic gain adjustment was
turned all the way down and I didn't have to adjust it very much.  First I
set the software mic gain at about 50% and then adjusted the internal
adjustment to get modulation.  Then I buttoned up the radio and got on the
air with a station in California and got a critical report from him
(Luckily, he was working on a mic gain problem also) so he was very well
versed in what sounded good or bad.  I ended up adjusting the software
adjustment to about 25% and proceeded to work 35 countries during the
weekend (about 3 hours)  Of course, the contest helped, but all contacts
were on 10 Meters.
Again, thanks for all the help and encouragement.  I LOVE the Pegasus...
Bob - W8BOB