[TenTec] Shipping Valuable Equipment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Shipping Valuable Equipment
From: stan@studio-maint.com (Stan Jacox)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:52:40 -0800
There is one problem with your description of loss compensation.  The only
party that UPS has any obligation to is the shipper that purchased the
insurance.  If the new owner has a loss the original shipper will have to
file the claim. UPS doesn't care who owns the item, only the party that had
the contract with UPS to convey the package. The receiving party has no
contract relationship with UPS.  That is one reason I suggested that Paul
could ask that the new owner contract with the carrier to issue a Call Tag.
In that case the receiving party is contracting UPS and is covered for loss
by the insurance coverage.  UPS will come to the shipping address and pick
up the package.
73
Stan KM6XZ