[TenTec] Re: 580 Delta-was Receiver Lineage

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: 580 Delta-was Receiver Lineage
From: WA4VEC@aol.com (WA4VEC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 22:01:25 EDT
In a message dated 00-05-02 21:12:30 EDT, Steve, N4LQ wrote:

<<
 Better look again. I believe the first beating occurs within the vfo to
 produce the correct oscillator frequency for each band. The Triton and Omni
 series worked the same way, the only difference being the 9mc vs 6.3mc IF.

 Well, all I have to go by is the Delta manual.  Both the block diagram on
3-9 and the description 4-1 describe that the first injection voltage is from
the crystal band oscillator.  I agree that cycles are better, just trying to
be PC with Hz.

Walt