[TenTec] Hercules II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hercules II
From: K2ZF@aol.com (K2ZF@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 07:08:59 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/00 4:18:23 AM !!!First Boot!!!, thimm@bellsouth.net
writes:

<<
             Jim,
             I love to be the one who spills the beans on your campfire, hi.
 The Herc is not fixed and will act up again.
             There are thee reed relays in the Herc, all on the same board.
 The next time it acts up, get out the manual and your ohmmeter and go to
 that board and ohm out through the antenna circuit and find the reed relay
 that looses tha antenna. T-T sent the replacement relay to me for free, I
 later found them in a catalog for 75 cents.
                                 73's
                                         Rich,   WA5NYG

Rich, thanks for the information, it may come in handy next time it occurs, I
am crossing my fingers it does'nt happen again though, hi. Hope this
information helps others on the reflector if they run into similar problems.
73 Rich, Jim  K2ZF