[TenTec] paragon receiving problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] paragon receiving problems
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 12:02:28 -0400
I have had this problem, but only on bands where I don't do much, if
any, transmitting. I suspect that the problem is in the contacts for
the low pass filter relays because all I have to do to clear the
problem is to select the band in question and do a little transmitting,
into a dummy load of course. Hitting the TUNE buttor a few times or
transmitting some CW clears the problem. I believe that the relays
are sealed, so I don't know of any way to clean the contacts. Maybe the
plastic covers pop off the relays but I haven't inspected them to see.

                        73, Bob WB2VUF