[TenTec] Anyone got a comment on the FP?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Anyone got a comment on the FP?
From: pcuellar@bright.net (Phil Cuellar)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 22:59:54 -0400
Ken,

I looked at the FP at Dayton. The LCD is mono with green backlight. I played
with the knobs and asked a few questions. The TT rep (sorry, but his name
escapes my memory right now) stressed that this was a DEMO unit, not
working, not complete, and subject to change. The LCD display shown was
supposed to be similar to the completed unit, but not the same. The overall
size was smaller than a OMNI VI+.The planned release date is in August, I
think. With that said, I think the FP shows promise. I've been saving my
pennies for a K2, but by August I may rethink that plan. Time will tell...

73 de KI8JQ - Phil