[TenTec] RE:

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE:
From: rbdrake@erols.com (Richard B Drake)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:48:30 -0400
I believe the resister pad shown on the WM2U site uses 100K in
series with 10K and the rig across the 10K of course (that site
seems to be down right now so I can't check it). I suspect that
2.1 ohm resistor is sucking most of your power away. I use a 100K
pot, set sound card level at mid range, the Omni RF drive to max,
audio drive at 11 O'clock and adjust the drive level with the
outboard pot. What could be simpler?. By the way, you should see
no ALC light at all, at any time. I set mine to 50 watts output in
the tune (single tone) mode, which produces approximately 25 watts
average at idle, ALC never lights, IMD reports are generally -27
to -30db as they should be.

----
73, Rich - W3ZJ