[TenTec] Narrow filters for Omni VI?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Narrow filters for Omni VI?
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:15:56 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Jan Ditzian wrote:

> Are there any really narrow filters available for either the 6 or 9 mHz.
> IF stages of an Omni VI.  By narrow, I mean 100 Hz. or narrower?
> Especially for the first IF, which I think is 9 mHz., the one where the
> Omni VI uses the "Narrow" button.

Hi Jan -

Don't know of any.  The Ten Tec 250 Hz filter with the low center
frequency (is it 500 Hz?) is a winner for me, just quiet and very little
ringing.

Now, that said, you seem to be looking for something narrower.  I can only
suggest that if you have several folks willing to pay money for such a
filter you might talk George at INRAD into designing and building one for
you.  I have done this, George is very helpful.  I suspect the losses for
a filter at that bandwidth would be significant and the center frequency
would be critical and require some thought.  (Remember that the 9 MHz IF
of the OMNI is fixed with regard to the PBT, and the filter center
frequency in that IF is fixed.  Makes it had to accomodate different
tastes in CW offset.)

At any rate, good luck, the fall 160 meter season will come soon.

Clark
WA3JPG