[TenTec] argosy battery operation question...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] argosy battery operation question...
From: seweber@netnitco.net (seweber@netnitco.net)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 21:59:39 -0500
The circuit breaker is the ONLY protection for the final amp if you are not
using a TenTec power supply!  If the antenna is way off resonance, the
final breaks into self oscillation or if Mr. Murphy does anything to screw
thing up, the current goes up and the breaker trips.  An instant trip
protective circuit is built into TenTec power supplies.  Fuses are too
slow, as are most breakers.  ONLY an instant trip breaker of the amperage
specified by TenTec will save your rig from disaster (or at least a trip to
Sevierville.)

Don't ask how I know.

73 de KD9BO

At 6:55 PM -0500 7/7/00, david dill wrote:
>fellas-
>
>i am planning to run my argosy 525d  (which i love) from my auto 12v supply.
>the manual say to always use a model 1125 circuit breaker in such a setup.
>
>since it is not 1984, and i don't have a model 1125 hanging around,  what is a
>reasonable substitute?  just an inline fuse perhaps?
>or is there something i am missing?

73 de Steve Weber, KD9BO
--
An infinite number of rednecks