[TenTec] Attention Pegasus users/owners!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Attention Pegasus users/owners!
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:12:07 -0700
Jason, the pegasus costs a lot less than the Omni. The pegasus has more
filters and they do not cost extra. The pegasus has a TCXO so the frequency
is better and it can be corrected in software. The N4PY software corrects
the frequency for the mode. I can switch from psk31 to CW and be
on the same frequency without changing frequency. The DSP will overload
if there are strong near stations. The Omni has narrow filters before the
detector so it will not overload as easy. If all you want to do is to
listen to clean quiet CW, the pegasus will never match the Omni.
Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF