[TenTec] OMNI-5 Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-5 Problem
From: grix@teleport.com (Lee Grimes)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:48:43 -0700
Should have said that I tried a dummy load and it worked fine.  I have a
706, an IC-726, an OMNI-C, an Astro 103, and a Drake line...all work fine on
160.  My 160 feed line is ladder line into the room to the antenna tuner
with balun.  Could it be that the OMNI-5 is simply very sensitive to RF in
the room, moreso than the other radios?  I tried my 80 meter coax fed dipole
thru a tuner on 160 and the O-5 still went into oscillation.  Thank you for
your input, Barry...Lee K7INU