[TenTec] Titan 425 Amp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan 425 Amp
From: w5ben@arrl.net (dbudd)
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 15:13:11 -0400
Well, maybe.

On the other hand, the finals cost about $800 for the pair,
and Ten-Tec does NOT warrant final tubes in any used amp.

So it could be that one would risk $400 - $800 in addition
to the $1600 to have a working amp and full legal output. He
has withdrawn his offer to sell the Titan or I would not
have posted this.

I have along story about the Titan, but I am not going to
post it.

I think that Ten-Tec made a good move going to a
full-legal-output amp with a tube in the final that costs
less than half of what the finals in the Titan cost to
replace.

I, too, liked the separate power supply. The size/weight of
the Titan II is what keeps me from buying one. Besides, it
won't fit in my Ten-Tec rack with the Omni VI+3 and the auto
antenna tuner like the Titan would.

73,

Budd, W5BEN
w5ben@arrl.net