[TenTec] RE: New N4PY Version 1.38 of Pegasus Software...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: New N4PY Version 1.38 of Pegasus Software...
From: wiley@interaccess.com (William Gode)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:49:43 -0500
You have really outdone yourself this time, Carl!

Your latest software upgrade makes the Pegasus remote tuning knob work
beautifully!  You are a genius!  I decreased my default SSB tuning step
from 50 Hz to 10 Hz and am using a 4 times fast tune speed up.  When I
want really fine tuning, I just click on 1 Hz steps.

The system acts like I just installed a chain drive from the knob to the
VFO!  (I know, there's no VFO.)  I was also able to cut the AM tuning
steps down to 100 Hz.  I'm getting better tuning resolution and faster
knob response than at 5 kHz steps with the previous software.  Being
able to customize the tuning step size and specify a "speed up" factor
allows tremendous flexibility in tuning - far beyond anything else
available!

Time to play with my "new" radio for a while before going to work...

73,

Bill, W9NHQ