[TenTec] Blocking Dynamic Range

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Blocking Dynamic Range
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:22:53 -0500
Any receiver with a wide roofing filter will have poorer blocking range
close in. Though the ARRL tests at 20 KHz to be outside that wide
roofing filter for most radios. A narrow roofing filter prevents the
reception of FM on 10m.

I don't know what the Omni V does, but since FM was an option it may
have a wide roofing filter. I like my Corsair II, the first filter is
SSB width. Makes for very good blocking range and the preamp and broad
band mixer terminating amplifier use transformer feedback for truly
great strong signal handling capability. The Omni V and VI use a gaggle
of grounded gate JFets that are easier to build, but I'm not yet
convinced have the strong signal handling characteristics of the
Corsair's amplifiers. I plan to build some of each and test some day.

73, Jerry, K0CQ