[TenTec] Pegasus upper band rec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus upper band rec
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:39:37 -0700
Lance, my pegasus works on all bands about the same.
I have a Drake R-8 to compare to. Both had about the
same signal on all bands using the same antenna. I did
give it a 10 db boost by turning the IF gain pot to full. Now
on 40M and down I need to turn on the attenuator.
The pegasus has preselectors for the different bands.
It sounds like there is someting wrong with you pegasus.
Did you do a careful comparision on a stable signal with
the other receiver? 17M is quiet relative to 20M. 17M is not
used as much.
Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF