[TenTec] Paragon Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Problem
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:33:52 -0400
Is it receiving OK? That is, do received signals sound garbled as well?
If so, you may have the infamous cold solder joint problem either on the
major or minor loop PC board. Reflowing the solder on both boards is the
fix, but you may also find a couple of microphonic electrolytic caps
that need to be replaced as well.

I'll listen to my Paragon to see if what you describe is a generic
problem. Also check grounding and the possibility of hum being picked
up from the power supply. RF feedback can also produce strange
modulation on signals, so try transmitting into a dummy load or
alternate antenna, reduce power, etc to see what might have an effect.

                        73, Bob WB2VUF