[TenTec] Titan Amp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan Amp
From: k4sqr@juno.com (k4sqr@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 05:26:33 -0400
Dave;

Early models had "PTT/VOX" & "Low/High""  for the blower on the RF deck
front panel. Sooo many non-Tec-Tec users could not figure out the QSK
keying diagram for their rigs, later 425 models moved fan speed to the
power supply and replaced it with "PTT/QSK" on Rf deck  panel.

I know nothing about the knobs, but hey, it was in production for nearly
15 years.

GL
Jim, K4SQR

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:42:37 EDT Davenbarstow@aol.com writes:

> I am trying to find out the difference between the Early Titan and
> the Late
> Titan. I understand that the knobs on the early Titans are different
> in
> appearence than the ones that were sold later. Are the knobs
> supposed to
> match the Omni 5 and Omni 6 Transceiver Knobs in Physical
> appearence? Can any
> one help me out on this matter. I have seen Knobs on the Original
> Titan that
> look like the knobs on the Paragon  through the Omni 6 Series,  They
> have the
> rubber around the knobs, as the omni 's do, and then I have seen
> Knobs that
> are all plastic , with several notches around them. I do not know of
> any
> other way to describe what I am trying to say. Can any one help me
> out on
> this.? I went to the unofficial Ten Tec Pages and saw one there. Is
> this a
> early one or late one.
>                                                    DAVE / WA6CQJ
>
> --