[TenTec] Omni VI+ Keyer Speed Mod

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keyer Speed Mod
From: rbdrake@erols.com (Richard B Drake)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:26:15 -0400
I have had an Omni VI+ for about a year now and it has always had
a slightly annoying drift in the keyed speed. For some reason I
just put up with this without complaining. In a recent electrical
storm my OMNI was damaged by a nearby lightning strike. So, I
returned it to Ten-Tec for repair. While they had it there they
put in something called the "Keyed Speed Mod" without my even
asking for it (First class outfit!). Indeed, now the keyer speed
is rock stable. So, if there are others out there quietly putting
up with this malady, there is a fix for it.

---
73, Rich - W3ZJ