[TenTec] Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus
From: cherry@neta.com (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 06:24:20 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C0206F.E9EF32C0

Nick, I am using PTT and CW interface on MixW for my
Pegasus. I got the Digipan interface so I do not have lots
of wires. The Pegasus can use the key input for PTT.
That means I only need one connection to RTS to key
the Pegasus with QSK CW and send PSK31 or MFSK16.
Stream uses RTS for PTT. MixW does not have a setting
to do both PTT and CW on the same RTS line. I have to=20
change the setup in MixW when I go from PSK31 to CW.
Is there a way MixW can use RTS for both CW and PTT?
I am sending this direct because egroups is down again.
I am using com port one to control the Pegasus and
com port three to key the Pagsus. I hope Ten Tec changes
the firmware so I can use one port to control and key the
Pegasus. Until then MixW needs to control and key the
Pegasus on different ports. I do not see how it can do that
now. I am also using N4PY control software.
Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C0206F.E9EF32C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nick, I am using PTT and CW interface on MixW for=20
my</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Pegasus. I got the Digipan interface so I do not =
have=20
lots</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>of wires. The Pegasus can use the key input for=20
PTT.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>That means I only need one connection to RTS to=20
key</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>the Pegasus with QSK CW and send PSK31 or =
MFSK16.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Stream uses RTS for PTT. MixW does not have a=20
setting</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>to do both PTT and CW on the same RTS line. I have =
to=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>change the setup in MixW when I go from PSK31 to=20
CW.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Is there a way MixW can use RTS for both CW and=20
PTT?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am sending this direct because egroups is down=20
again.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am using com port one to control the Pegasus=20
and</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>com port three to key the Pagsus. I hope Ten Tec=20
changes</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>the firmware so I can use one port to control and =
key=20
the</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Pegasus. Until then&nbsp;MixW needs to control and =
key=20
the</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Pegasus on different ports. I do not see how it can =
do=20
that</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>now. I am also using N4PY control =
software.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Best regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C0206F.E9EF32C0--