[TenTec] 238 Tuner question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238 Tuner question
From: semann@tcia.net (Steven Mann)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:10:10 -0400
Interesting! I have a homemade tuner with a Johnson rotary inductor.  It was
having some of the problems you guys are experiencing.  I forget where I read
it, but there was an ongoing discussion about cleaning rotary inductors.
Someone suggested  spraying it with tuner cleaner.  I did and it solved the
squeaks and slippage.  It also moves much smoother now throughout the range.
Steve, N4EY